Saturday, February 04, 2006

new post for groundhog weekend...





Just as I hunkering down into my root vegetables (ie. beets) for Jan/feb studio contemplation, I was reminded by my fellow art quilters that Ottawa's Tulip Fest is upon us...OK, in a couple of months...must be the weather. So. I moved over the the other wall (I finally have the space) and pulled out last years' tulip panels. the panels would be part of a finished work had we not decided to move in April 05, but that is a whole other blog.

I have very large and intimidating beet panels on one wall and small more inviting tulip panels on the opposite wall. They both have similar looking roots...but I digress. Here are a couple of tulip panels underway. I want to bring together several panels that showcase the role of this amazing bulb during the early part of the 20th century, including WWII. Ottawa was a major benefactor and is engulfed in tulips every Spring. A quilt is in order. Last year was missed; this year, well maybe...

these arw some tulip panels underway. I hope this all works out this year.

1 comment:

Olga Norris said...

Looks intriguing.