Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New work!


This is a little piece for a show my friend Joanie San Chirico is curating.

The show takes place in Dallas and Joanie has been very patient with 'the participants' in getting our stuff to her in NJ so she can then ship it off to Dallas, Texas.

I am pleased with this little piece. I want to do more of these. It consists of an acrylic painted background, with a ghost image of an airbrushed beet superimposed on the upper half. The background surface is handquilted with darning wool and DMC thread (I love that stuff). The beet panel has only the tinyest bit of machine stitching to suggest a stem (I didn't want it to look like a setting sun...). Here is a snap of 'Redemption' before I pop it into a jiffy bag and send it off to Joanie.

1 comment:

Lisa Call said...

Very Nice Kit. I love the soft colors.