Saturday, February 25, 2006

Spring theme masks


Check this site out this site featuring African masks.
My friend Jennifer forwarded this to me and three other studio quilters. We are meeting Monday to work on 3D textlie structures. We will be using a variety of new fabric stiffeners, fusibles etc. in designing these. She sent us a number of sites for inspiration, but this one snagged my brain (quoting a fellow blogger...). It allows for downloading a line version of the original mask. The drawing can then be used a springboard for further design options. At this point I am thinking of designing a mask with a tulip motif. The graphic qualities of these African masks are downright beautiful, as well as their history. Check it out.
Gotta get my stuff ready for Monday ...I'll keep you posted. Posted by Picasa

No comments: