Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ontario Juried Quilt Show - Waterloo, ON

I finally decided to get off my butt and enter this show for the first time. I dug through my bin of forlorn quilts looking for a likely candidate. I found this quilt that I managed to cobble together last fall. it is roughly 32.5 x 37 inches -I think that would put it in the small quilt category for the show.

Last fall, one of the members of the Out Of the Box Group brought in a great big pile of silk remnants. We all tore into it of course and I walked away with these colours. I combined them with bits of a recycled damask table cloth that I had dyed eons ago and voila - Recycled Beets (32.5" x 37") to join the rest of the Lancaster Series of quilts. The Lancaster series are quilts that deal with the impact of war on people in war-torn regions, using an agricultural motif. What an odd source of inspiration indeed, and I have been waiting patiently for it to expire...but not yet.
Though I now feel the need to get back to Tulips. Posted by Picasa

No comments: