Wednesday, November 22, 2006

T'is the season...almost

I have been invited to participate in a local Open House featuring fiber arts and crafts. So I decided to try my hand at arashi shibori. I am a fan of Karen Britto's blog and I happen to have a carload of silk scarves left over from a workshop last summer.

Here they are all wrapped up waiting for a second round of colour.










Look at this one. I was wrapping it while listening to Micheal Richards appologize to the American people on Letterman... wow.
The interaction of the silk with the string has a sculptural quality that I really like. I am not looking forward to untying this one. It is beautiful the way it is.




















This is the label I made for the scarves using store-bought business cards and MS word. Not too bad. I have ordered 3 dozen clear take out boxes - the labels go in the boxes. How cute is that!












Here are a few scarves out of the washing machine and freshly ironed. I love the way silk irons from wet to dry - gorgeous.

1 comment:

Helen said...

what a beautiful result! lovely I must try some again with silk instead of cotton :)

oh and haapyyyy newwwww yeeeerrr