Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some attention is needed here...



When I decided to visit my blog earlier this week I saw a visually attractive site, but sadly one that has been neglected for a very long time. My choice was either to close it down or to breathe new life into it. I have chosen the latter option.

I am now committed to building this blog into a more vibrant site and have taken specific steps to help me do just that. So I signed up for a 4-week BlogTriage class with Cynthia Morris and Alyson Stanfield. This class began today and already they have given me lots to think about and write about.

For starters, I want to state up front that I want this site to reflect and be a record of what is happening in my studio both for me and my readers. I have discovered that it is great to go back over previous postings and see a chronological and visual record of my studio progress these last couple of years. I only wish I had more on record. I want to share this with my readers - students, collectors, gallerists and other artists - both regional and across the web. We are all neighbours through the internet! I hope that with regular practice I will be better connected with this community many of whom also work alone in their studios. I welcome feedback, enquiries

This said, I don't want my blogging practice to be some medicine I need to take daily... yikes! Instead I hope that regular blogging will allow me to share the exitement and discoveries that I experience daily in the studio. I want the blogging part to be a natural output of my daily studio practice. Let's see how it goes.


2 comments:

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Kit, we're so glad to have you in the class! I think once you learn some building blocks, it will become second nature. You want it to be something you enjoy doing--not something that's a chore!

Margaret McDonald said...

I'm glad your will be back blogging semi-regularly!
Maggie