Sunday, October 21, 2007

Recent multi-media show activity

My website refers briefly to some of this but I can expand on it here making it more tangible for readers with a couple of visuals.
In July my work appeared at the Sarah Sterkin Gallery in Gannanoque Ontario. This was a multi-media show that resulted in one major sale for me - Swept Up 31''x43''

Swept Up hand-dyed silks, quilted 43x31''
© 2006 Kit Vincent

I will miss it, but I know that it is in a good place in its new home.

In August, Wild 51''x 45'' was juried in to the Best of TIA and won the FABR award.

Wild hand-dyed cotton & silk, quilted 127 x 123cm
© 2007 Kit Vincent


In November, it travels to Toronto as it has been juried into Ontario Craft '07. This is an exhibition of works by members of the Ontario Crafts Council. Wild will be on display from November 15 to December 13, at the OCC Gallery, 990 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario.

In September, Paul and I mounted a two-person show at the Sandra Whitton Galley in Kingston Ontario, called - Two Studios: The work of Paul and Kit Vincent. No sales here, but it was our first experience in assembling what we had originally thought were disparate works into a cohesive whole. With Sandra's help we discovered these similarities. Below is a copy of the e-flyer that was distributed to targeted mailing lists.

Here is a picture of the front of the gallery on hanging-day; the only day I brought my camera... darn.

In October, Paul and I participated in an open studio tour Autumn Leaves which took place over two weekends. We both had a couple of modest sales and we met a lot of people, Canadians from Manitoba and Americans from NY and New Hamshire!

Currently, we are both participating in a multi-media show at the Chameleon Nation Creative Emporium (I absolutely just love that name!) a brand new gallery at 112 Princess Street in Kingston Ontario. The show is on till October 31 - so try and catch it if you are in the area.

Front of rack card
back of rack card.

No comments: