Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yesterday's discharge

Ok, so today I used the same thermofax motif, this time with some black textile paint. I usually shy away from textile paint as it tends to rubberize the fabric. I used Seta colour thinned way down with extender and water. Once the colours were out there was really no stopping. ...red, then blue and even some yellow. Not bad, I am somewhat pleased with this piece. If only it were not so small, only 28'' x 20''. No room left for stretching it. I don't really want to quilt it as there is too much going on already. Next time, 28'' x 40'' at a minimum.

1 comment:

jean benabou said...

What a really interesting technique!