Thursday, October 26, 2006

Threads...lots

I have this terrific collection of DMC and hand-dyed cotton thread that has been waiting for an application. The light weight unprimed canvas is a wonderful ground for this type of work. I have used a running stitch exclusively here. It acts almost like a glaze that painters use to either bring elements together, tame some or help others pop forward.
It is a very meditative yet creative process - i had to remain alert to the effect the se stitches were having on the total design; requiring a couple of removals. It first I didn't think I would necessarily cover the whole thing! In the end I almost did.
On to my second painted piece.

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karoda said...

The painted canvases with the stitches are wonderful pieces. Your dry spell has ended for sure.