Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quilting by Design at Haliburton School of the Arts

Ok, I have just heard from Sir Sanford Fleming college AND I am now in teaching mode.
I am readying up for a week-long teaching gig at the Haliburton School of the Arts.
June 30 to July 4 -
I am excited not only to be teaching, but this will be my first visit to Haliburton, Ontario. I hear that the school location is BEAUTIFUL and prime Toronto cottage country.
Bring camera...

The focus of this class will be on how to get an art quilt off the ground, out of our heads and onto the wall. I plan to serve up many many exercises to help kick-start a creative process that will produce results: we will play with positive & negative space, split shapes, paint fabric and paper, express mood, emphasis, depth and perspective with colour value and temperature, create texture with chalk, paint sticks and thread. All fibre... all week.

This should be fun for all.

No comments: